Alistrati Cave is one of the most significant natural monuments in Greece. It is located 6 kilometers from the town of the same name, in the area of Petroto. It was discovered by chance in 1959 by local residents, hunters of wild pigeons.
In 1975, the Alistrati Municipality registered the cave in the Greek Speleological Society with a letter from A. Petridis, secretary of the Alistrati Municipality. After numerous requests from the chairmen and all the municipal councilors, the cave finally began to receive tourists in 1998. After numerous studies, it was found that due to the few natural openings, the temperature in the cave is relatively high - between 15 and 17 degrees, and it is preserved and in winter.