Stare mesto or the old town is the name of a part of the central area of Prague. It is also the site of the first settlers of the city. It was only in the 14th century that Emperor Charles IV expanded the area, building a "New" town around it. The two parts are separated by "Na Przhikope" street. Interesting sights of the Old Town are the Old Town Square with the Astronomical Clock, the Church of the Virgin Mary in front of Tyn and the Charles Bridge. The narrow streets are also characteristic, among which the most famous is Charles Street, starting from the square of the town hall with the clock and leading to the Charles Bridge. The Old Town Square and the Church of St. Virgin Mary is the central place of the Old Town.Located between Wenceslas Square and Charles Bridge, the square is constantly bustling with tourists, especially during the summer season. Around the square there are two churches - Virgin Mary before Tyn (built in Gothic style) and the baroque Saint Nicholas. The square is home to the old town hall, known for its astronomical clock tower. In the center of the square is the monument to Jan Hus - the church reformer who was burned at the stake for his ideas. The monument was built in 1915 to mark 5 centuries since his death.